Sunday, January 1, 2012

Miss Mackenzie



Brown pages of a diary or pages of some shared story..
scribbles on crumpled corners..
are the sad reminders of how fast time passes or how quickly we pass onto this stage of world, to which by per chance we have been sharing with many others.

Irreversible is our this journey, just like one way ticket, none could be called back, except memories which are so personal, individualistic, strictly confined to their time-space, hardly could be shown or shared..

The plot fathoms some 30+ years.. a train journey on a hot & humid day of India.. a magazine and a fiction story..
Yes, it was a story by 'Ruskin Bond' (an Indian writer), .... 'A Bouquet of Love' ....and two characters of therein: ....Miss Mackenzie, and Anil ..

Sharing: It's a touching tale of a lonely English spinster and a truant Indian schoolboy ..
I have shared this story with most of my faculty members and graduating students as well, year after year.. all through these long span of my teaching career ..

Love & Lonely: I don't know where my all those sharing partners are, but I know I have shared the very basic emotion of being love & lonely with so many in my world....
.... and now I feel as if they are all around me with their sheer presence in some unseen manner..
I am not alone !!

Note:
1. Thanks to my friend Lucia Wacker for allowing to share the second picture in this blog.
2. Follow link for the story detail:


No comments:

Post a Comment